- 32 oz of precooked shrimp, breaded or boiled
- 1 - 28 oz can San Marzano tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Wine Club Aglianico
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil, or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- olive oil
- a few pinches of red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 - 14 oz package spaghetti
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Preheat a large skillet. Drizzle skillet with olive oil and add onions and a little salt. Saute until translucent over medium heat.
Add garlic and saute a few minutes more. Add tomato sauce and red wine. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
Season with salt. Let simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
Add mussels and and heat through. Add cooked spaghetti and turn in skillet until well coated.
Remove from heat and add basil. Turn into a serving bowl.