General Job Description
Desire an experienced professional with 2-5 years of experience managing a busy event environment including weddings. Must have the ability to directly manage the administration and logistics of up to 200 events per year. During events, will also be directly coordinating the duties of the event center staff, and event interns. Must be able to anticipate project needs, define work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
The Event Specialist should have; a passion for weddings and special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be a motivated professional, be courteous at all times and able to build relationships with customers that may result in ongoing business.
In addition to event qualifications, the ideal candidate should have the following characteristics; calm under pressure, extensive traditional and social media marketing experience, experience in retail and service industries, problem-solving skills, negotiation skills, communication skills, evidence and materials relating to previous occupations or fields relevant to coordinating and creating events for Llano Estacado Winery.
Event Planning and Production
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audio/visual equipment, assist with travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the customer.
- Gather information on events and maintain a scrap book to help with selling future events.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help keep Llano Estacado Winery events in step with the times.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event, this can be used in conjunction with a scrap book during presentations to sell events.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Manage on-site production and assign clean-up for events, as well as close out all events as required.
- Plan and execute large festivals with Tasting Room Manager.
- Assist with preparing budgets and submit event cost/profit reports to administration/accounting within 24-hours of each event, keeping record of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and others.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to our winery, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Coordinate staff assignments during events and festivals.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading and public speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments with a variety of part-time staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects through efficient supervision.
- Priority towards customer service and high expectations for quality service.
- Related Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 3 year experience coordinating special events with office administrative experience desired.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches, and proficient using latest social media platforms.
- Must be able to speak in front of large crowds, lift 50 pounds repeatedly, and remain standing all day.
- Salary for Full Time, Incentives and Bonuses based upon performance.
- Llano Estacado Employment Application and Resumé
- Cover Letter, summarizing experience and skills, with a goal or mission statement attached
- Any materials from previous employment or projects the would represent your best abilities, as they relate to event coordinating and marketing
Llano Estacado Winery Employment Application
Event Coordinator Job Description