Slow Cooker Brisket
Recipe courtesy of our friends at The Storibook
3 lb. beef brisket
1 cup beef broth
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
1 ¼ cup Llano Estacado Signature Meritage Red Blend Wine
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 tsp. minced garlic
1 sliced red onion
3 cups peeled and cut carrots
1. Start by combining beef broth, tomato sauce, wine, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic to the slow cooker. Stir until combined.
2. On the stove-top, place a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Brown the brisket on all sides.
3. Add the brisket into the sauce in the slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle over the onions and carrots.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Add one more hour if you want the meat extra tender.
6. When the cooking time is done. Remove the brisket on to a cutting board, slice or shred. Place back into the slow cooker and reheat on warm when ready to serve.
7. Serve the beef, carrots, and sauce over mashed potatoes.